Monday, January 4, 2010

Anthropolgie Inspired Frayed Beaded Ribbon Necklace

Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores for inspiration. Everything they have to offier is a great base for my own designs. I like to edge up the romantic, vintage feel of Anthropologie.

My good friend Danielle and I both have a fondness for one Anthropologie piece - the frayed diamonds necklace.



(left Anthropologie necklace)
The only problem is this necklace retails for $168, and that doesn't even come in 1,000 miles of my budget. So below is my version.

















I don't exactly know how I created the necklace, because it was a learn as you go process. I have enough material that I will make it again, and document it the second time around.

I gave this necklace to Danielle for a very late Christmas gift. I made the necklace choker length, with the thought it would look great with a black crew neck or turtle neck.

Here are some pictures of Danielle modeling her gift.



By the way I made this necklace for around $5.

Also, check out Disney at Ruffles and Stuff for other amazing Anthropologie inspired jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment