Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Lucky Bangles

Happy New Year!

I thought there was no better day than New Year's Day for my very first post!

I follow two very important traditions when celebrating the New Year. I wear something red and incorporate circles.

Some believe wearing red underwear on New Year's Eve is good luck. I choose to believe it is lucky if I just wear something red on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Many people also believe that they should eat food in the shape of ring while they celebrate the New Year. The ring represents coming full circle and a fresh start. I believe it doesn't hurt to incorporate circles into everything while celebrating - even your wardrobe.

So in keeping my traditions I decided to create some jewelry I could wear to celebrate the New Year.

I love bangles, and I love the look of the three bangles. What I don't love is the bangles clanging together - being a regular annoyance. So, I created my own version of the layered bangles.


I took three different bangles. I love the retro ceramic bracelets, and I love the jeweled bracelets.
































I cut the elastic on the jeweled charm bracelet and removed the colored gems. I saved the charms for another use. I then hot glued the gems on to the bigger bangle - the green one. I then hot glued the smaller bangle - the blue bangle on top of the gems. I applied pressure for about 30 seconds to make sure it stuck well.



 













My final product - a new version of the layered bangle bracelets.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment