Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fabric Embellished T-Shirt

Everywhere you look in fashion today there are embellished t-shirts, sweaters and cardigans. Almost all of those embellishments are done in the same color of the t-shirt, sweater or cardigan.

The embellished garments are beautiful - but not my style. I am young, adventurous, independent and strong. I want my colors the same way, so I decided to try my hand at creating my own embellished garment.



Since it was around Christmas, I decided to create a t-shirt as a gift for my 16-year-old sister Katlynne. Katlynne loves color just as much as I do - you should see her room.

I bought a long purple t-shirt on sale for $3 at Belk. I then found an old pair of grey jersey pants and an old yellow jersey shirt I didn’t wear anymore. I tried cutting out lots of different shapes, but the shape that worked best for me was a heart.











I didn’t use a pattern. I just cut out different heart shapes depending on the look I wanted, and I hand sewed them on.















I did the main embellishment in grey, and added spots of yellow for excitement. I was very proud of the end product, and my sister loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment